Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Callinitiated callback fix ?

This has been a known issue that the callInitiated and callDisconnected callbacks are called twice in certain cases when we register a phone listener in application.

- Is it still an issue?do we have any fix for this now?

- can anyone propose any solution for this apart from keeping a track of the callIDs ?

- Are there any specific platforms or OS that have this issue? i mean is there a predictable pattern? (i have seen this one only 2 simulators and 1 device so far... but the forum has posts about it being reproduced on some other platforms and devices. )

Any information on this issue .. please let me know...

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Callinitiated callback fix ?

what's wrong with tracking the call ids? I have also implemented a timer check, if the same event comes again within some timeframe (200ms for example) it is ignored.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

I am sure you don't, but for other readers of this Thread, I've seen this 'problem' reported before when it was caused by the application registering itself multiple times. 

Developer

Smiley Happy ok... i am sure about app being registered once only... because i tested this with a very basic testapp for phonelistener.. Simon, the issue with Call IDs, i thought, is that two callback methods can have same call IDs for different calls in. In short, call IDs are used. I read this on forum, please correct me if u think this shouldn't be happening (i'll try to test this sometime soon) The callback timing solution looks good to me... the timestamp for both callbacks was same so that way filtering should be easy. Any idea if this happens on all OS ?
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

yes, i have seen this on different OS versions. I don't have any reliable info on special build numbers etc, got the issue under control with the event times.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter