Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
07-09-2014 09:42 AM
I'm having an issue with getting a QR scanner working correctly. The strange part is that after I scan once, the camera view finder no longer appears on the screen.
Here's the page flow I currently have:
When the user first opens the app...
1. Splash Screen
2. Splash screen automatically opens the landing page screen where the user is presented with buttons.
3. User selects that they would like to use the QR scanner
4. QR scanner page opens, camera turns on and is shown on BB screen.
5. QR code is scanned decoded, and a results page is shown. (QR Page is popped from the stack immediately before the Results page is pushed)
6. User presses back and returns to the landing page
7. User selects QR button again
8. User sees a white screen, but the camera light turns on.
I will have to clean up the code before I post it. I've been using the BarcodeScanDemo example in the BB JDK
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-09-2014 10:12 AM
07-09-2014 02:42 PM
I think I figured this out.
I was expecting that the QRPage would be pushed first when I ran this code:
But really what was happening was that inside QRPage I was also calling the pushScreen method. Those screens were getting pushed first, and the when the call to new QRPage() finally returned, it was pushed on top of all the other screens.