11-29-2012 01:59 AM
Hello everyone. I'm getting this strange problem I can't seem to find a soluition of. I have included net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar in my project with the help of the following method:
1. In Eclipse, open the BlackBerry Application Development perspective.
2. Click File > New > BlackBerry Project.
3. In the New BlackBerry Project dialog box, in the Project Name field, type a name for your project.
4. In the JRE section, make sure you select a BlackBerry JRE that is version 5.0 or later, and click Finish.
5. In the Package Explorer view, right-click the project and click Properties.
6. In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Java Build Path.
7. Click the Libraries tab.
8. Click the Add External JARs button.
9. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the BlackBerry Messenger SDK file,. In the BBM SDK folder, doubleclick
10. Click Next.
11. In the properties window, click OK.
12. When you are ready to build your project, on the Project menu, click BlackBerry > Package All.
But this method creates a tempXXXXX folder everytime I sign my app and there appears an Error (X) mark on the project folder. And the console says:
Error!: Error: preverifier failed: C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.1.0
Packaging project MyBBMApp failed (took 1.285 seconds)
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
11-29-2012 05:40 AM
Check the following:
1. In the Package Explorer view, right-click the project and click Properties.
2. In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Java Build Path.
3. Click the Order and Export
4. Tell us what jars you are trying to include with your application - the ones that are checked. You should NOT have checked BBM or the JRE.
11-29-2012 07:21 AM - edited 11-30-2012 12:05 AM
Yes, I had not checked those two you mentioned. Thanks a lot peter. But now its showing the following error:
Description Resource Path Location Type
D:\Demos\MyBBMApp\MyBBMApp\res\BBM SDK v1.3 for BlackBerry Java\BBM SDK 1.3\net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar can not be exported because some class in it was eviscerated (content of a class file was removed). MyBBMApp line 0 BlackBerry Packaging Problem
What should I do now? Thanks.
11-29-2012 08:18 AM
Sorry I obviously was not clear.
The message you are now getting is becuase you have checked the flags. They should NOT be checked. Repeat NOT checked. You do not want to Export these jars.
So uncheck them and tell us what jars you have in the list that are checked, in other words are being exported.
11-29-2012 11:47 PM - edited 11-30-2012 02:07 AM
Okay. I have now uncheched those I had checked. In the Order and Export tab, "MyBBMApp/src" and "MyBBMApp/res" are checked. And I have my net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar in my MyBBMApp/res folder. What next?