04-01-2011 03:06 PM
just enter the login credentials of this support forum when the eclipse java plugin ask for username/pass(not the developer site login cred.) as u all know pop up asks for username/ pass not
email/pass (developersite login). This step helps to solve this problem and yeah let me tell u it's not an issue of where the load is present like one people said that RIM had mirror this data on some other server. Its all fake. I hope this will help u people.
04-02-2011 12:53 AM
Happy to let u know those who are facing this problem just try to enter the support forums username/password when pop-up for login credentials comes out at the time of downloading or updating the eclipse plugin.
Note: don't enter the developers site login credentials
Hoping this will solve your problem.'
04-02-2011 03:10 PM
That didn't work for me, seems like a very strange solution, why would RIM change the authentication database without telling anyone?
Anyone else have any luck?
04-04-2011 05:24 AM
@mohitbb I tried using this forums credentials and it didn't work, said again wrong credentials, but then, I gave it another try to the BB Dev Site's credentials and it worked Seems its fixed now
04-04-2011 07:08 AM
I have an another one solution that might work for you people as today i have sussessfully added bb jde ver 4.5 to my development environment with this solution.
Just open the browser of your development environment and login to the developers world and then start the updation process and try to be there untill u finish the updation process.
if u get success by this method pls "kudo'
04-04-2011 07:21 AM - edited 04-04-2011 08:17 AM
It looks like RIM have fixed this issue. But you may have to re-activate your BlackBerry Developer Account (I did). To do this:
2. Enter your email address and password
3. If prompted, click the link to resend the activation email
4. Open your email and click the link in the email, your developer account should now be active.
If you don't know how to run the updater from Eclipse, here's the instructions:
1. Go to Help->Install New Software...
2. If you haven't already then add the site: http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.6/jav
3. Choose this site in the Work with dropdown, you should see "BlackBerry Java Plug-in Category" appear in the large box below
4. Choose the JREs you want to download. If you need help deciding on your target OS, this page is very useful: http://us.blackberry.com/developers/choosingtarget
5. Hit Next and enter your BB dev login details when prompted. You should see Eclipse start downloading the JAR files.
Hope that helps, if it does, please click the kudos button. Thanks, Don.
04-05-2011 12:09 PM
so i guess they changed the update address
I had this update address http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.5/jav
and the one you posted was http://www.blackberry.com/go/eclipseUpdate/3.6/jav
so i changed it and now it works just fine
thanks for the help
04-05-2011 12:19 PM