Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot publish apps, code signing problem ...

Hi there,

I have received a set of three keys from RIM and I am able to go into (Eclipse: Blackberry->Request Signature) and have all my files 'signed' (it seems that there are a total of 21 files signed). However when I put it on the web for publishing, my blackberry kept telling me that the code doesn't have the proper signature.

What got me confused the most is that the tool showed me a total of 21 cod files signed. I only have one application, shouldn't it just show me one file instead of 21 of them. The list of files goes like this (Polyglotz is the name of my application)

Polyglotz.cod .... signed ...

Polyglotz-1.cod ... signed

Polyglotz-2.cod ... signed

Polyglotz-3.cod ... signed

Polyglotz-4.cod ... signed

Polyglotz-5.cod ... signed

Polyglotz-6.cod ... signed

The file Polyglotz-1.cod, Polyglotz-2.cod, Polyglotz-3.cod, Polyglotz-4.cod, Polyglotz-5.cod, and Polyglotz-6.cod are all located under different directory EvsJXuSa\

Anyway, I copied all those files to my websites, set the mime types configuration in the .htaccess file as suggested by RIM at

http://www.polyglotz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=40

but everytime I tried to download and install the application using the web browser on the device, I kept getting the message saying the Application is not signed properly.

I would appreciate very much any help which you could give me.

regards,

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Cannot publish apps, code signing problem ...

MIME type for jad file has to be set as

text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor

but you have set

text/vnd.sun.j2me.ap-descriptor 

check MIME settings.

For jad:

text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor

For cod:

application/vnd.rim.cod

Developer

Also if you want to distribute your application via OTA and your application contains sibling cod files do the following:

rename your cod file to zip. Unzip it. Delete *.zip file.

And place extacted *.cod files along with your jad file (you do not need to edit jad file) to the server.

Check this link for more technical information:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800646/What_Is...

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

That was it, I needed to unzip the cod files and uploaded the extractions to the server.

Thank you very much for this help, I was searching all over the web and tried different methods before and still wasn't able to do it.

When I click the jad file to download, the device tell me that the Version and Vendor are 1.0 and Research In Motion. This is different from what I configured in Eclipse Blackberry > BlackBerry Workspace > General. Do you know if the configuration for Version and Vendor should be in a different place instead?

Thanks!

Developer

I do not use Eclipse JDE plugin.

From my point of view it is a non-convenient tool to make blackberry applications.

So I cannot give you an advice what is wrong in this case. I am sorry.

To add particular information to Version and Vendor sections use JDE, open project properties and specify all necessary information (check the link to screenshot below):

http://picasaweb.google.ru/tbilisoft/BlackberryForum#5285640527015483026

You can download JDE from here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javadevenv.jsp

Please note that JDE version has to be less or equal to the Blackberry Device OS version (can be checked via Options-About).