Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot rename COD Files?

The BES should identify a program as an "upgrade" by the Internal Project Name.  This is the value set in the "application id" tags in the ALX file.  The physical file names <<should>> be irrelevant, but clearly this isn't the case.  I understand the BES doesn't have a crystal ball, but it is reading the ALX file.  It's very typical to identify a version of a build by including the version number in the filename.

Remember, when an application is deployed via a URL download, the physical file names are irrelevant.  This has been tested and proven.  The issue only surfaced when trying to deploy via the BES (using an ALX file instead of a JAD file).

This is the whole reason for this posting - can the COD files be renamed for a BES push?  It looks like the answer is no, even though I haven't found any documentation about this.

Regards,

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Cannot rename COD Files?

I just confirmed with RIM technical support that the 4.1 BES does NOT support renamed COD files. 

Thanks for the feedback.