Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2,

Hi,

I am a new  in  development of   Blackberry application  and i am trying to using  Blackberry JDE 6.0  to build and run the HelloWorldDemo  application  the following build errors are shown:

Building HelloWorldDemo
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\bin\rapc.exe -quiet codename=com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200  import=..\lib\net_rim_api.jar "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\HelloWorldDemo.java" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 6.0.0\samples\com\rim\samples\device\helloworlddemo\img\helloworld_jde.png"
Error: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
Error while building project

why this build errors are shown  i don't know?  can you please guide to me  how should i solve this.

thanks and regards

brite

Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Cannot run program "javac": CreateProcess error=2,

Check whether you have jdk installed on your machine or not???

Press the Like button (Thumb up) on the left side to thank and
please mark the Thread as solved if its solved...
K.S
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Assuming you have the JDK installed on your machine, make sure that JAVA_HOME is set in your environment before launching Eclipse.  I have mine set to this:

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_21

Without it, javac sometimes would miracurously get called.  In others, it would fail -- especially as the number of files in my project got bigger.

But with JAVA_HOME set, the CreateProcess errors went away completely.

Mark

Developer
My Device: 9550

If u have already installed the jdk1.6 then

Set the path of jdk1.6 in the Environmental variables.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
Also Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution.