Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot send UDP datagram with JDE 4.5

I have tried that but I get errors about missing debug files like this one:

The "net_rim_app_manager.debug" file is missing. Please choose the missing file.

The article you refer to states, "Make sure that the application files running on the BlackBerry smartphone are identical to the application files running in the BlackBerry JDE."

What are "the application files running in the BlackBerry JDE"? How do I get the correct files?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Debug files are included with BlackBerry Simulators.  You can install a BlackBerry Simulator with matching BlackBerry handheld software version to get them.  The simulators can be downloaded here:  https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=060AD92489947D410D897474079C1477
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
New Developer

My BlackBerry handheld (Bold/9000) software version is 4.6.0.162. Can you help me get a simulator with that version.

I also have an 8800 with software version is 4.5.0.81 which is the latest version from Rogers. How can I get a simulator with that version?

1) It is my understanding that the simulator software must match the device software exactly in order to debug directly on the device. Is that correct?

2) From the link you've provided there seems to be fewer simulator versions than device software versions. In general, what is the approach to debugging on the device in the case where no match is found?

All public BlackBerry Simulators are found on our web site.  Even if you do not find a match for your version you can still debug, however some options will not be available such as viewing variables.  However, you can display them using System.out.println statements.  Break points should also work.
Mark Sohm

Developer

My blackberry is 8703e version 4.1.0.377.

there is NO simulator for this release.  So I got the next lower one 4.1.0.359 that supports 8703e profile.

Working with simulator is fine. 

However, i can not deploy the compiled ALX files.  HOw to deploy it.  Can I deploy cod file.

Thinakar 

Highlighted

The following link explains how to deploy applications on a BlackBerry handheld.

How To - Load applications onto a BlackBerry smartphone
Article Number: DB-00041

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800708/800647/How_To_...

Please have a look and let us know if you get stuck.

Mark Sohm