Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: VIVO

Cant run any app on the device

hi all

Im a new BB dev but pretty experienced with other mobile platforms. Usually running your app for the first time on a device is painful but so far i couldnt manage to do anything! im coming to my deadline and any help would be highly appreciated! tks in advance for the attention!

Im using JDE and a BOLD 9780. So far I only need to run the application. I tried all the methods below both with my app and HelloWorldDemo but none of them worked (would be great to just have one of them working):

1. RUNNING ON DEVICE

Problem: The app simply doesnt start. I put some dialogs to appear throughtout the initialization but nothing happens.

2. DEBUGGING ON DEVICE

Problem: Cant debug because of this cldc version problem. It appears that I need to have a simulator that matches my phone/OS. I got the closest I could with RIM, since the exact match (6.0.0.359) is not available, but the problem continues.

3. RUNNING THE APP WHILE A DEBUG SESSION IS CONNECTED TO THE DEVICE

Problem: It still doesnt start or give any additional info on the problem. I added a few sysouts but none of them is triggered. I only get:

[0.0] AM: Starting net_rim_bb_trust_application_manager
[0.0] AM: net_rim_bb_trust_application_manager already running
[0.0] AM: Foreground is requested: net_rim_bb_trust_application_manager(263)
[0.0] AM: Foreground is requested: net_rim_bb_ribbon_app(96)

Guys, any idea on how to make it work? Btw, I already got the signing process right.

Tks!

Best

Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: Cant run any app on the device

Hi @gaaabriel

Welcome to the forum.

Look for errors in the device log (click on alt + l + g + l +g) as it might give you a direction on the problem.

E.

New Contributor

Re: Cant run any app on the device

Tks a lot for thelp, Maadani! Just tried it, but no log appears... Any idea why? Btw, I cleared all the log before entering the apps not to miss any msg.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't run any app on the device

If you have just downloaded and installed the Eclipse package, you will be compiling for OS 7.1 devices only.  Make sure you install and use the 6.0 JDE if you want to run on a 6,0 device. 

Re ALT L-G-L-G, make sure you hold the Alt down, while pressing the other 4 keys.

New Contributor

Re: Can't run any app on the device

Hi Peter, 

I already downloaded JDE 6.0 using Eclipse Install New Software option. Just to see if Im using it right: I must select JRE 6 in the project build path, right? Do I need any additional configuration?

About the device log, I also managed to see it - the problem is that no error message is being generated.

Tks a lot for all the effort, guys!

Best