Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: developer

Change Blackberry User Profile Programmatically

This is not a duplicate question. I am trying to change the blackberry user profile programmatically. I found some of the posts similar to this ended with the answer NO and some with the answer

ApplicationManager.getApplicationManager().launch("net_rim_bb_profiles_app");

But in this post they said that some developers has got succeed through input simulation method. I want to know what is input simulation method and how can we do this. Please help me.

Contributor

Re: Change Blackberry User Profile Programmatically

No one here to answer this question ????????

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, I don't know about using input simulation, but I know that is 7.1 there is the "net.rim.blackberry.api.profiles" namespace that covers changing profiles programmatically. You should look at that, if that is an OS level that you can work with.

As for input simulation, you might want to try and find someone who has done such a thing and ask them. Usually the response is "you can only do input simulation if your app is in the foreground. Background apps can't do it."
---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Contributor

Thanks for your reply rcmaniac25. I am aware of profiles api for 7.1 version. but i dint get any code samples to work on it. But i also want to make a application which should work for os below 7.1. is it possible ??
Developer

I must admit that I am not aware of any programmers who have managed to do this via Input Simulation.  And as the Link you provided pointed out, few people will allow a program the permissions needed to do Input Simulation. 

But you could give it a try.  Look to launch the profiles as you have done, then look at EventInjector to reproduce the same key strokes your User would make to do the same thing.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck.