Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Changing Application Name/Title

Hi All,

I have my project file name say "MyApplicationName" and in its properties General tab> Title - "My Application-Name", in Build tab>Output file name - "MyApplicationName".

When i build and run the application the COD file is generated with output file name and on device screen appln name appears as given in Title. which is expected to be and this is fine.

But When i go to Options>Applications>list of application available in device. Here my appln name is displayed as "MyApplicationName (My Application-Name)" , instead of  "My Application-Name"

and In appln properties its Title is displays as "MyApplicationName", instead of  "My Application-Name".

I thought its all due to Output file name i.e cod file name. So i made output file name as "My Application- Name". But in application list it displayed as "My$20Application$2dName (My Application-Name)" and in its properties "My$20Application$2dName". Here as space is replaced by $20 and hyphen is replaced by $2d.

please may i know where do i make a change for application name/title to be consistant all over.

Thanks,

amsiddh

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Changing Application Name/Title

[ Edited ]

If your cod file is named different, that is when you see the parenthses. You'll have to name your cod and app the same without spaces and hyphens if you want it to look the same everywhere.

Developer

Hi,

Thanks CMY for your reply.

But my application name has space and hyphen both, I think there should be some way to overcome this.

Thanks,

amsiddh

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Does this solve your problem......

Developer
My Device: Curve, Bold, Storm
My Carrier: Blackberry Developer

hi,

Goto properties of your project.

Goto General Tab

Ans Set the Title Name.

Your application name.

It will work

Regrds

Ekansh

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the kudos button on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Developer

Hi All,

Thanks for ur reply's.

@CMY - Thanks for redirecting me to correct thread.

On that thread that guy also had the same what i had and his problm got solved with deploying appln via javaloader.

In my case i am already deplying appln using javaloader but it is not working same problm what i explained in above post.

After looking at ur suggested thread i tried other ways of deployment i.e

1. BB Desktop Software with Alx file

2. Putting jad and cod file in memory card of device.

This above two deployements is solved my problm, application name appears proper in application list and its properties. But not understood why with javaloader it is not working.

Don't you thing all the deployment should have the same effect. Otherwise it creates lot of confusion.

@Ekansh - I have already did that.

Thanks,

amsiddh

Highlighted
Developer

Hey. I have what seems a similar problem: I changed the name of my app, so I changed the output name in the build tab of properties. I ran clean.bat from the DOS prompt. It still has two copies of my app, one with the old name, one with the new. Compiler errors follow because of duplicate class definitions...

Any input?

Tks

J