Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: IDEA

Re: Chat application in Blackberry

Thanks Jack_Black.

anybody else is there who want to add anything to this post. Please add your suggestions so that i can close this post.

Thanks,

buzzz

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

you can search for bTalk which is an open-source Google talk  client written for BlackBerry. This project is based on 

JXA(J2ME XMPP API) and does not use BIS/BES. The source link is  http://code.google.com/p/btalk/downloads/list

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8520, 8900, 9000, 9300, 9650, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9810, 9900, 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

mobile_buzzz wrote:

Hi All,

I would like to develop a chat appliation(like Yahoo Messange) in Blackberry. I don't know how to start my development, what to select as peer-to-peer communication medium.  I have heard that Jabber is the good solution for the same, however i would like your opinion and suggestion to proceed on right direction.

Please assist me in terms of protocol, medium and available solutions to achieve the same.

Thanks,

If your app needs to talk to other apps, you need to speak the their protocol. Otherwise, can't you just make up your own protocol? If you want to do client to client direct, SIP is good protocol to use.