Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Checking mail attachment and removing metadata of the attachment

Hi All,

I need to create an .NET application that runs on server side. My requriement is when any user send a mail with attachment i need to do following steps

•                Check weather mail contains any attachment or not
  •                If attachment contains, check the attachment type (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .ppt, .pptx, .xlx, .xlsx)
  •                show a dailog to the user weather to clean or not metadata of the attachment
  •                if user agrees then handover the attachment to my third party application which cleans the attachment
  •                once finished cleaning, show message to the user saying that cleaning done
  •                at last forward message to the end user.

pls tell me any body knows how to do my requirement, how to handle events at server side, how to integrate my third party application with the process. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

babu

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Checking mail attachment and removing metadata of the attachment

You can write a Java application that watches for all outbound email mesages then try to process it that way, but it gets complicated when you want your .net appliction to intercept the message and process it.