Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Code Signer, turn off email confirmation

Does anyone know how to turn off the email that is sent when you request a signature for your package?

I notice the question was asked in 2008 see link below, so I was wondering if there is now a way to turn these notification emails off.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Code-Signer-turn-off-email-confirmation-gt-S...

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Code Signer, turn off email confirmation

there is no way to turn it off. you can either set up a filter to trash them, or email dev support about changing the email address you have linked to the account.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, so let's see if I have this straight -- I am developing an app that uses the Bluetooth APIs and so must be signed, and will not work on the simulator.  Every time I make a change, no matter how small, and put it on the device to test, the IDE is going to re-request approval (which seems to take an unreasonable amount of time), AND I am going to receive 18 pointless emails??  That can't be possible, can it?

I am a newbie to BB development, so I believe that I must be missing something.  I can't imagine RIM would require the app to be re-approved every time one did a code modification and test.  I thought iOS provisioning was a pain, but you only have to do it once (a year).  So, if someone could let me know what I'm missing, that would be great.  Thanks in advance!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Can you let me know an email address I can send to to get the email notifications address changed please.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Is it just devsupport@rim.com?
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Yes, devsupport@rim.com should be able to help you out.