Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9000/9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Code Signing Warnings when the code is signed

Two packages, named UI & Rolodex.  Rolodex depends on UI.  These were separate projects, but because I have the same problem as issue TOOL-49 (DevTrackID 470686 in the Developer Issue Tracker) I put them as two packages in the same project.  Now, whenever I package them, I get signing errors on all the restricted API elements, even though, during the packaging, they were signed, and, if the dialog box and console printout is to be believed, successfully.  If I go to sign them again, it says they are signed.  If I do a clean, then build, I get all the warnings again, and I can sign them again.

So, in summary, doing a packaging signs the code, even though it generates all (about 50) the code signing warnings, and if I try to sign again, it tells me that it is already signed.  When I do a clean/build, I get all the signing warnings and, if I then manually sign them, it takes it.

The packaged code seems to be really signed, even though it generates all the messages (I know how to get rid of the messages in Preferences, but I want to make sure nothing wrong in the first place).

The simulator will take unsigned code; what I don't know (yet) is if this will affect downloading in a real device.

Thanks,
Allen

TIA,
Allen