Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 & Playbook
My Carrier: Telenor Serbia

Code signing keys - in a virtual box?

Hello,

I will soon start working on 2 new desktop machines with different setups (XP and W7), plus a laptop. I need ability to deploy from all three.

I already have developer keys installed on my current PC and I would be the only developer using the keys and the PCs.

My questions are:

1. Can I use my existing keys on all three machines, by copying current sigtool.* files and importing into newly installed Eclipse IDEs ?

2. If I can not copy the keys myself, do I have to purchase 3 new set of keys ($60) - OR - purchase 2 new set of keys ($40) and have my current keys reissued by devsupport@rim.com?

3. Is it legal to use Virtual Box and setup Eclipse + current (reissued) keys there, and then just use the box wherever it is needed?

Thanks,

Srdjan

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Code signing keys - in a virtual box?

You should be able to copy over the keys. I'm not familar with the Eclipse plugin, so the following is just a guess: I don't know if there is a way to automatically import existing keys, however you can try to copy them manuualy. Under your eclipse/plugins directory you will find an unzipped directory for each of the component packs you have installed (i.e. "eclipse/plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.29"). Under each component pack there is a "bin/components" directory that contains the SignatureTool.jar. Copy your sigtool.* files into the same directory as the JAR and then see if you can sign. Again, I'm not familar with the Eclipse plugin, so that guess may not work.