Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch
Accepted Solution

CodeModuleGroup name, CodeModuleGroup friendly name ...

Whats the difference between CodeModuleGroup name and CodeModuleGroup friendly name?

When we should use CodeModuleGroupManager and when CodeModuleManager?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: CodeModuleGroup name, CodeModuleGroup friendly name ...

[ Edited ]

Name and friendly name are typically the same.  Friendly name is the more "user friendly" version of the application name, while name may be an internal reference or be in a non user friendly format (i.e. underscores instead of spaces).

CodeModuleManager is used to manage the individual COD files on a BlackBerry Smartphone.  CodeModuleGroupManager creates groups of COD files.  An application (as seen under Options, Applications) may be made up of multiple COD files (sibling COD files, library COD files, etc...).

You can find a sample application that makes use of these classes here:

Programmatically install and upgrade applications

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Programmatically-install-and-upgrade-applica...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: CodeModuleGroup name, CodeModuleGroup friendly name ...

thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.