Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold-9700
My Carrier: O2

Collecting information about the user of an application .. in accordance to Blackberry App world

Hey Guys,

I am a creating an app for blackberry and wanted to know what information I can get from/about the user that is valid and followes the Blackberry app world's policies.

Can I retrive the BB Pin or device ID to match up.identify the user?

With Regards

K

Regular Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Collecting information about the user of an application .. in accordance to Blackberry App world

Try to use Integer.toHexString(DeviceInfo.getDeviceId()) for retrieves a device's PIN.

Maz 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold-9700
My Carrier: O2

Re: Collecting information about the user of an application .. in accordance to Blackberry App world

Thanks Maz,
But I have one more question, " using of BBM pin is legit to identify the users by the application ?" as Iphone does not allow apple ids or use of emails to be retrieved in concern of privacy breach.

Regards

K

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Not sure about your question, Sorry. Maybe you should wating for an expert. Smiley Happy

As I know, BB App World has an Blackberry ID to identify user, not PIN.

Maz