Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Confusion on navigation methods of BB Curve 8300.

Hi,

What navigation methods i should use for BlackBerry 8300 (Curve) application.

I mean either I should use :

Screen Class methods: NavigationClick(), navigationUnclick() and navigationMovement() methods

"Or"

TrackwheelListener interface methods : TrackwheelClick(), trackwheelUnclick(), and trackwheelRoll() methods.

Thanks in advance.

New Developer

Re: Confusion on navigation methods of BB Curve 8300.

Hi,

I am getting following error " I/O Error: output file: FordFocus-12.cod data section too large: 65300 bytes." if i user ScreenClass methods for navigation, and the application is working fine in simulator if i use "TrackwheelListener interface methods".

I am using :

Blackberry JDE 4.3.0.

Simulator: 8300-Vodafone-4.2.2.75

So, Pls tell me, what is the reson of above I/O error, and what navigation method i should use for BB 8300.

Thanks. 

Developer

Use the navigaton methods. The Trackwheel methods should only be used if you are supporting older devices/OS.

Not sure about your specific error, but I don't think you should be compiling on 4.3 and running on a 4.2 simulator.

-de

Developer
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

[ Edited ]

The data section of a cod file contains strings and such. You are getting that error because your project has too many strings or large xml files. You can limit the strings by converting any duplicates into static constants. Another suggestion to this problem was to move some strings to a seperate java class (although I don't remember if that helped any). If all else fails, you may need to make a second project that the main project depends on.

To shrink the size of xml files you can opt to gzip them. When you read them in just use a GZIPInputStream.

If you are able to perform a search using regex, you can use the following to search for strings:

^(.*)"(.*)"(.*)$

Message Edited by mreed on 07-26-2008 12:22 PM
Highlighted
New Developer

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.