Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: rogers

Connect to oracle database in my BB app

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I spent the last week trying to connect to an oracle database to display info in an application but was unable to do so.

I lost my time making it work in java with java.sql.connection and then realized this didn't work in blackberry java plugin...

Can someone please assist me and clearly show me how I can display info from an Oracle Database to my Blackberry Application (with code samples if you have) ??

Thanks in advance,

Christian S.

Software developer Intern

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: vodaphone

Re: Connect to oracle database in my BB app

Hi Christian,

I have never tried connecting to Oracle from a BB, but would suspect that it would be better if you put a JSON/SOAP/REST server between the database and the BB app. I suspect that will work better in the long run for a whole list of reasons...

-matt

Press Kudos if this helped - ;-)
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks for your fast reply...

I don't know if it helps but we have blackberry entreprise server...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

In blackberry you cna't display/access Oracle database directly.You can do this with the help of server.You have to connect to the server and it will connect to the database, and will fetch the data and will give to your blackberry and then you can display the data.You can do this in diff ways like HttpConnection/WebServices etc.When coming to BES you have to add a parameter when establishing HttpConnection thats it.