03-03-2010 05:23 AM
I am searching information about:
1. Ability using 'classic' web-services
2. All possible ways to access to Internet (except Http, Https, Sockets )
3. Can I use duplex services (web or WCF services) on BB devices?
4. What security are used/supported by available ways of internet connection on BB devices?
Any information, links will be helpful, thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-03-2010 05:35 AM
1. use ksoap2 or, from 4.3, j2me stubs
2. see the sticky network thread or http://www.blackberry.com/DevMediaLibrary/view.do?
3. you can use push, mail or other ways to notify the bb. if i understood your question correctly: no duplex
4. https of course. you can encrypt your connection with a multitude of algorithms, too, see the crypto packages.
03-03-2010 06:50 AM
Hi Simon. Thaks for quick reply and information.
I guess, I can ask you about push technology and provide me some information in this thread.
1. Can I retreive custom notification via push. If yes, could you provide same samples, etc.
2. Ability to send custom notification.
3. What security are supported by clents and services of push technology
4. What software needed to organize push service. Is it free or not? And what hardware requirement's are applied for push technology?
03-03-2010 07:08 AM
1. yes. samples are included with the jde/ejde, push demo and notifications demo
2. you have to implement the handling yourself, as custom as it gets
3. push is not secured, but you can encrypt data yourself or push only a trigger for a retrieval
4. currently only BES push is free. BIS-push is said to be available for non-alliance members in the future, but no exact date is known