Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Re: Connectivity problem Saudi Arabia

Peter,

they could use sockets and build own implementation of Http protocol on it. That's why they could get 403 with using tcp.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Agreed Eugen, and additionally, the Server's standard response to a socket connection from an IP that it doesn't understand, could be an http 403 response. 

But I think these are much less likely than there being a terminology mis-understanding. 

Contributor
My Device: BB developer
My Carrier: Telenor

hi and thanks,

yes we use own built encrypted security protocol sing sockets.

Developer

Ah sorry Eugen, you were right!

OK, that changes things a little.

This makes tracking down the rejecting Server more complicated.  The only thing I would do is dump out the response that includes the 403 and see what you figure out from that.

But I would also test using WiFi as the connection method.  Let us know how you get on with this.

Contributor

Our app don't support Wifi at this point.

No dump. Don't know have to get dump from OS.

Developer

Sorry, by dump out I mean output the bytes returned from your connection attempt/first transmission. 

Supporting wifi is usually a minor change, in your case I suspect that all that would be needed is to replace the suffix identifying BIS-B with the one identifying wifi. 

You could just create a test version with this change. 

Contributor

..all points to that it is a local/regional BB server that returns the error code.

We have problem getting anyone to check if the and where the IP's are blocked. Asked customer (the bank) to check with the local telco's (that handle BB in Saudi) for assistance.

Two weeks ago we asked BB support via an support errant to open the IP's and as said before we think they (centrally) did though we can reach the servers in Saudi from abroad.

Also got an email from BB support manager yesterday evening, incl a network diagnostic tool that the team will try.

Again, thanks for trying to help..

Developer

Sounds like you have RIM on the case and it sounds like a problem that they can resolve.  Let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed.  

Contributor

We still have no success in solving this issue.

Trying to get local telco's to tell us if the ports that RIM support opened is still closed locally/regional, no answer yet.

The port we use on the servers is 1972, could that be a problem? We could use another but then we need to submit again to RIM and another 5 working days from RIM to get it open.

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor

Connectivity problem Saudi Arabia

The problem is now solved and this at last after getting contact with RIM in Saudi (RIM centrally could not help).

BIS, due to security and legal issues, doesn't work within Saudi Arabia..

Therefor our service works connecting to the app servers in SA from outside (for example as we via RIM servers in Europe), but not when trying to connect locally/regionally.