Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Convert int to; int for ones, int for tens, int for onehundereds

I should know this from basic programming, but I'm having a complete mind blank.

What is the easiest way to take an integer like 125 and break it out into an integer for the hundreds place, the tens place and ones place.  For example 125 would be:

int Hundreds = 1

int Tens = 2

int Ones = 5

Thanks!

Developer

Re: Convert int to; int for ones, int for tens, int for onehundereds

Many ways to do this. One simple way is to convert to a String and break it up this way. Other ways involve doing some simple mathematics with modulo, division, and taking integer parts (eg., if you want the kth digit of N, integer_part((N % 10^k)/10^(k-1)) does the trick)

There is nothing Blackberry specific that handles this.

Developer

Re: Convert int to; int for ones, int for tens, int for onehundereds

I was thinking about the convert to string method and using toCharArray(). Then I can take each seperate index for the character array and convert to integer.

But your mathmatic solution takes less conversion and variables, I'll think I'll use you formula.

Thanks for the input!