Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: Blackberry Developer

Create Thumbnail of Recorded Video

Hi,

I have written a code which records video and stores it on SD Card. When the recording is stopped, a preview of the recorded video is shown to the user. In the preview screen, my aim is to show the user, thumbail of the recorded video i.e the first frame/image of the video. Presently, a black screen is shown as the thumbnail. How can i create the thumbnail and display it ??

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Retired
Retired
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Create Thumbnail of Recorded Video

Hi chetankhilare!

Have you checked out the Getting Video Snapshots section of the Everything You Want To Know About Multimedia, But Don't KB article?

That article describes 2 methods you could use.  When you start a new recording, that is a great time to grab the first frame or two Smiley Happy

Alternatively, starting the video preview and immediately pausing it might also accomplish what you want.  If you don't intend to keep the thuimbnail around this might be easier.

BVP

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: non-BlackBerry user
My Carrier: nokia

Re: Create Thumbnail of Recorded Video

hi,

very glad to find the video tutorail useful. but currently Im doing such a work on my windows desktop app .does there anyone experienced can give me some advice on thumbnail creating dll ?

Any help would be appriciated.