Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Create and Read PDF file formats

Hi,

Two requirement

1. I have a requirement to create a pdf file from my mobile app (Standalone) and read pdf file downloaded from web

2. How to allow user to download pdf file from my app, currently i have used browserSession to map to the web resource like 'http://domain/files/test.pdf', is this the right way to achive or is there any other better solution

Its kind of urgent and i am time pressed, please suggest and guid me in the right direction

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Create and Read PDF file formats

Sorry to say, I am not aware of any API of 3rd party jar that you can use to manipulate pdf files directly on the Blackberry.   But this question (or something similar) has been asked before, I recommend that you do a good search of this forum.  I believe one forum lurker was writing something to do something similar, but I don't know what stage this is at - you will find it if you search.

Good luck. 

Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Create and Read PDF file formats

Thanks for your reply, i did search and found a library for reading pdf file (i havent implemented it yet) and yet to figure out a library for creating pdf file

Will post you the status