Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900

Create video of blackberry simulator run for demonstration

I would like to develop a video of the simulator run of blackberry for the app i have developed.

Can someone guide with any good softwares that record simulator screen and also allow editings for caption and title.

What are the other good demonstration ideas that can be used for launching the first release of the app to the audience (please suggest from presentation point of view).

Note: Do not suggest making videos of actual device runs as i would like to avoid that.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Create video of blackberry simulator run for demonstration

[ Edited ]

Does this help?

http://forums.crackberry.com/theme-developers-f115/recording-simulator-screen-demonstrations-519034/

Edit,

You can have your Simulator simulat a USB connection, then I think these will work:

http://www.aboutonlinetips.com/taking-screenshots-of-blackberry-screen/

ScreenStream looks interesting. 

Not tried any of these myself.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: Create video of blackberry simulator run for demonstration

[ Edited ]

Thanks for responding Peter.

But what i am looking out for is not recording from within the simulator screen. Rather a screencast of entire emulator.I have tried using Camstudio for this purpose. But when i edit the recorded video to add titles etc, the screen dimensions change to full screen (that is the simulator which is of some rectangulator dimensions gets enlarged to full screen as a result of which it looks overtly magnified)

Hence i would like to know how are rest of developers going about showing a first hand demonstration of app to clients.

P.S Would welcome any suggestions of using some other good software for recording screen for fixed dimensions which also allows edits.

Thanks.