Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

epu
New Contributor
My Device: 8530

Creating Sliders For Blackberry 5x OS (Similar To App World)

I am a novice programmer, but I hired a company to do some BB programming for me. They are having problems implementing a SLIDER FIELD similar to the one used in BB app world on 5.x Operating Systems. It is my understanding that it isn't supported, yet BB APP WORLD is using it without issue on all BBs which use 5.x

The Slider I'm talking about allows one to scroll between apps in BB APP WORLD (i.e. <  A B C D >)

How can this be implemented so it would work in BB 5.x OSs. I am NOT interested in the Gauge field. It is not the same thing. I paid big bucks for this development, so need it to work.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Creating Sliders For Blackberry 5x OS (Similar To App World)

RIM only released the http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/6.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/ui/component/pane/PaneManagerV...

for 6.0.You would have to implement it yourself.

epu
New Contributor

Ah, so the programmer would have to figure out the coding for themselves to make it work. Is that correct?

epu
New Contributor

Nothing????????????????????

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

They have to make a custom Field. There isn't anything more to it. OS 6.0 and higher are the only ones with the "slider field". Every other version must have it written for them.

One basic outline is make two classes, one which is the slider itself and the other which is the panes. You can model this off the 6.0 classes or make it however you want. Each Screen would be added to the pane. The pane would be added to the slider. The Screen has focus like normal unless the slider bar is selected, in which case movement will slide the Screens back and forth.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Highlighted
epu
New Contributor

I am not the developer. I hired someone to work on the project and they said they had issues getting it to go live because of this problem. I will forward them this thread. They will just have to create this "custom field" because the job was already paid for. Thanks for the reply and happy new year.