12-04-2009 05:51 PM
Hi, I have followed the post here to successfully add a 3rd party library (KXML2) to my Blackberry CLDC Application. I am using Eclipse. At some point I was able to have it distribute to the simulator, but it no longer works. That is another issue however. What I am trying to do is create a JAD file that will distribute both CODs (If necessary). When I install the application however, it is only visible under Options -> Applications -> System Modules. Before you answer, as I have read many posts on this subject, please consider the way I added a 3rd party preverified JAR to my build path.
This is my JAD file that I want to use to distribute the application, called C2.JAD:
Manifest-Version: 1.0 MIDlet-Version: 0.1.9 MIDlet-Jar-Size: 97546 RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 0 RIM-MIDlet-Flags: 0 MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1 MIDlet-Jar-URL: CreatingUserInterfaces.jar RIM-COD-URL-1: kxml2.cod RIM-COD-SHA1-1: 12 2f 30 63 db fd 03 6d 02 33 80 a5 4f 15 2d 31 ae 19 b4 3e RIM-COD-Size-1: 47672 RIM-COD-Module-Name: CreatingUserInterfaces MIDlet-Name: CreatingUserInterfaces MIDlet-1: CityInfo,, RIM-COD-URL: CreatingUserInterfaces.cod RIM-COD-SHA1: f4 54 0b 0f 4c 17 68 74 3b e0 1f 76 ad b0 68 64 fd 6b 47 95 RIM-COD-Size: 48068 RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1259958389 MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0 MIDlet-Vendor: UMD CATT Lab
Here is the CreatingUserInterfaces.JAD:
Manifest-Version: 1.0 RIM-COD-Module-Name: CreatingUserInterfaces RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc,net_rim_crypto_1,kxml2 MIDlet-Jar-Size: 98478 MIDlet-1: CityInfo,, RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1259963351 MIDlet-Jar-URL: CreatingUserInterfaces.jar RIM-COD-URL: CreatingUserInterfaces.cod RIM-COD-SHA1: e7 63 90 64 c8 54 40 34 ad 7e 93 d6 d7 c1 80 a1 25 fe 97 b9 RIM-COD-Size: 51216 MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1 MIDlet-Version: 1.0 MIDlet-Name: CreatingUserInterfaces MIDlet-Vendor: TestVendor MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0 RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 0
and here is the KXML2 JAD:
Manifest-Version: 1.0 RIM-COD-Module-Name: kxml2 RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc MIDlet-Jar-Size: 55111 RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1251336074 MIDlet-Jar-URL: kxml2.jar RIM-COD-URL: kxml2.cod RIM-Library-Flags: 2 RIM-COD-SHA1: 12 2f 30 63 db fd 03 6d 02 33 80 a5 4f 15 2d 31 ae 19 b4 3e RIM-COD-Size: 47672 MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1 MIDlet-Version: 1.0 MIDlet-Name: kxml2 MIDlet-Description: description MIDlet-Vendor: vendor MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0
As I said, when I try to install the C2.JAD it says that the application installs correctly, but can only be found under system modules. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, or how to separate the two CODs designating one as a library and one as a CLDC app, if that is even necessary.
Also a related problem is that my application no longer is visible in the simulator either, after I tried to change the application name. I changed it back, and even reverted to an either subversion, but still have the problem.
I would greatly appreciate help with this issue as I have been struggling with it for the last few days.
12-04-2009 06:53 PM - edited 12-04-2009 06:53 PM
I also tested only using one COD to see if the application would show up in downloads, and it does not. It shows up under applications in Advanced Options, and lists one module by the same name. Note I did not check system module in project properties.
Here is the JAD testing the one COD:
Manifest-Version: 1.0 MIDlet-Version: 0.1.6 MIDlet-Jar-Size: 98478 RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 0 RIM-MIDlet-Flags: 0 MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.1 MIDlet-Jar-URL: CreatingUserInterfaces.jar RIM-COD-Module-Name: CreatingUserInterfaces MIDlet-Name: CreatingUserInterfaces MIDlet-1: CityInfo,, RIM-COD-URL: CreatingUserInterfaces.cod RIM-COD-SHA1: e7 63 90 64 c8 54 40 34 ad 7e 93 d6 d7 c1 80 a1 25 fe 97 b9 RIM-COD-Size: 51216 RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1259963351 MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-2.0 MIDlet-Vendor: UMD CATT Lab