Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Creating an application that accessed an existing database

Hi, I'm a complete newbie here. I need to create an application which function is to show the tables of a database (plesk) and by clicking the table name, it will show the data of the corresponding table. I am COMPLETELY have no idea and hopeless. I am using Eclipse with BlackBerry JRE 5.0.0 to create the application. Can anyone tell me how to do it and show me the steps? Since my knowledge in this is like those of newborns and I dont originally speak english, please use dummy language. I will be very very thankful I can shout out your name to the entire network if there's anybody who can help me. THANK YOU

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Creating an application that accessed an existing database

I recommend breaking down parts of your application you are struggling with and ask questions pertaining to them.  We can help you along the way.

Note that the BlackBerry Smartphone has APIs to access a local SQLite database.  Accessing other types of remote databases would require a sever component to act as a middleware component.

The BlackBerry Java development guide area is a good place to start if you are new to BlackBerry Java application development:  http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/subcategories/?userType=21&category=Java+Development+Guides...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.