Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB OS 2.0
My Carrier: Koodo

Creating p12 certificate in Eclipse

[ Edited ]

Good day everyone!

So I'm relatively new in development, I have more experience working with Android but I just got a PlayBook so I thought why not, may as well learn something new.

So of course I already had Droid SDK installed. I installed Eclipse, and the BB Java Plugin. However, after reading the steps on how to create the certificate (Windows -> Preferences -> Blackberry, etc.) I feel like a fool because it seems either my version of Eclipse is different or the instructions are outdated -- not only do I not have a BlackBerry option in Preferences (I DO have "BlackBerry Java Plugin" option, but it only has three options - Preprocessor Directives, Signature Tool (which let me register my dev keys that I got emailed to me) and Warnings, none of which has a certificate creation option) but I can't find an option ANYWHERE to create a certificate.

I'm a bit concerned because as I mentioned I've now registered my csj files (which I had to rename to .csi for it to pick up, by the way) to this version of Eclipse...

EDIT: OH, and I did download BB Tools SDK (AKA command-line tools, apparently...) but I can't get these tools installed in Eclipse, if that's the solution here...

Any help is appreciated! My experience is moderate so use technical terms if you like Smiley Happy and THANKS in advance.

FYI I'm talking about these instructions:

http://developer.blackberry.com/android/documentation/create_developer_certificate_2016790_11.html