Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Custom Calendar question

Hello,

I'm developing custom Calendar which should be very similar to native Blackberry calendar. I cannot use the native one. I'm working with OS 6.0.

I reused the code from http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/how-to-create-calendar-popup/m-p/338422/high...  and after some changes I managed to create Daily, Weekly and Monthly view of the Calendar from that code (it is a great article), similar to native views.

Now I'm facing another chalenge. I need to put events, coloured rectangles with some text and possibly image on top of the TableLayoutManager that I'm using to display the calendar view. I need to calculate the size and location, and in some cases the events can be overlapped, depending on the time and duration.

Anyone has any idea how to achieve this? I can do the calculation, but I don't know how to put the rectangles (focusable, with text and image.) on top of the existing manager. What control to use and how to put it on top of the base TableLayoutManager  manager?

I tried to overide sublayout method of the manager, but it just messed up the whole TableLayoutManager.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Custom Calendar question

Dear,

Can you share you code which you have modified to make the complete calender means the day view and week view?