Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Debugging from another IDE

Hi,

I'm trying to setup on device debugging for my app and I'm lost. I'm an IntelliJ Idea fan struggling with Eclipse. I don't have the plugin installed because I heard it doesn't allow multiple source roots. My project has multiple source roots. I've managed to almost set up my project in the JDE more on that in a different thread. I primarily wish to step through the code so any advice/help you could offer is appreciated. Do I need the Eclipse plugin to do debugging? Where can I find documentation and specific examples on how to setup a debug session? I understand RIM's tools support JDWP, which I've read up on years ago but don't know much detail about. What is the Launcher.exe tool shipped with the JDE and where do I find dcumentation on its usage?Typically when I setup JVM debugging I need only a debug port for my IDE and cmd line flags for the JVM that I'm attaching to. This appears tobe more involved. Can somebody help?