Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Default 9000 theme seems to remove underlines from non-selected list box items

In the 9000 simulator (4.6.0.92) the PopupScreen theme seems to remove the underlines from list box items that aren't selected.

The following code shows underlines on all items in the list box on all platforms except the 9000.

Dialog p = new Dialog(Dialog.D_OK_CANCEL, "Test", 0, null, 0); ObjectListField olf = new ObjectListField(); olf.setFont(getFont().derive(Font.UNDERLINED)); String[] s = {"abc", "def", "ghj"}; olf.set(s); p.add(olf); getUiEngine().pushScreen(p);

On the 9000, only the row with the focus has the underline.  If I remove the theme with the undocumented-yet-extremely-useful applyTheme() call, I get the expected behavior.

I implement my own menus with the shortcut characters underlined so it's important to see the underlines on non selected items.

Bug or feature?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Default 9000 theme seems to remove underlines from non-selected list box items

I have reported this issue to our development team.  Thanks for reporting it!

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Default 9000 theme seems to remove underlines from non-selected list box items

Thanks Mark!