Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: O2

Deleting call logs programmatically

[ Edited ]

I am writing an app which re-routes calls through an exchange server for security purposes, and I need to remove the calls to the exchange from the phone's display.

For example, the phone user calls Anne Example on his/her BB, the app cancels the call, and dials a second call to the exchange server, which forwards on to Anne Example. From the user's point of view, this is a single call, but the device shows both calls:

Calls display after exchange-routed call

The 'Central Exchange' call shown above is just clutter to the user, and it would be good to remove it from the pone display.

I can delete the call log using the class net.rim.blackberry.api.phone.phonelogs.PhoneLogs:

PhoneLogs phoneLogs = PhoneLogs.getInstance();

// ... work out the call index ...

phoneLogs.deleteCall(callLogIndex, PhoneLogs.FOLDER_NORMAL_CALLS);

This removes  the call from the 'call history' screen, as shown below:

Calls display with menu to show history

After the call to PhoneLogs.deleteCall(), there is no call history for the 'Central Exchange' (as shown in the second and third screen shots above), but the item still remains in the 'call screen' (as seen in the first screenshot above). This item can be removed manually by choosing 'Delete' from the menu, and confirming the message 'Delete all call logs for this item?'. But I would like know if it is possible to delete the item programmatically, to tidy up the screens properly.

Any help with this problem much appreciated!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: no_carrier

Re: Deleting call logs programmatically

I am also facing similar problem... if any one have soution to it... plz. reply... your help with this problem is much appreciated...
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

see the JIRA, there are bugs logged for this issue. it's been around for ages, so don't rely on it getting fixed.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: AirTel

I am also facing the same problem, Is it solved now or not? plz reply