Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Dependencies from JavaME to Blackberry?

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys... (its me again =)  )

this time I've beaten the verification-error and now I nknow its about the dependencies...

Its like this:

I got 2 JavaME Projects (Project "A" and "B" ) , where B references A.

So then I got a 3rd Project ("C" ) wich references both of them.

A and B just contain logic, so they are (probably?) libraries...

C contains the (Blackberry) GUI ...

I use Eclipse, but I also tried with JDE (4.2.1, Blackberry Curve   ) ...

By the way: BB Knowledge Base

I also tried this and it didnt work =/

So... even if the error could be a J2ME-Error... I hope 2 can help me =)

thx in advance Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by chaoz1336 on 11-26-2008 07:26 AM
Message Edited by chaoz1336 on 11-26-2008 07:26 AM
Developer

Re: Dependencies from JavaME to Blackberry?

Can you clarify the problem you are having?

Do you have the source for A and B, or just the jar files?

New Developer

I got both =)

But prefering the source would be better I think ^^

Somehow the sourcefiles arent found when starting the app (builiding works fine Smiley Sad  )

Developer

if sourcefile is not showing on screen,that's mean exception is throwing on ur code.Please try to debug it line by line
Highlighted
Developer

If I was doing this on the JDE, what I would do is create one of the following:

a) a single workspace that contains three projects, A, B and C.  I would add all the source (yawn....), define A and B as Libraries, make B dependent on A and C dependent on B, then try to compile them.

b) Create three separate workspaces, each containing A, B and C and add the source (yawn again).  Workspace A, I would make the Project a Library.  In B (also a Library) I would import the jar file created by compilation of A - I would do this using the Properties of the project in B --> Build Tab and add the jar file from A to the "imported jar files".  On Workspace for C, I would import the jar files for A and B the same way.  I find this method easier that the approach taken in the KB article you pointed us at.

Naturally with (b) you need to "Build and Run " A and B before C, to make sure that the code is compiled and in the simulator.

I'm not quite sure what you are doing, but it seems you could be getting an exception in Rim code - hence the reason it says "No Such File".  Look at the stack trace Window to determine where in your code this problem has occurred.  Alternatively it could be in one of your jars.  However if you have done the above you will have the source and you should get it displayed.

I do this sort of thing all the time, but I still stuck on the JDE because I have pre 4.2 code to build, so I'm not sure how it all works on Eclipse.