11-12-2012 04:16 PM
2 major reasons really.
1. The head of development for this app sees further developments with soap communication
2. the current XML stream is rather complex with nested menu objects.
11-18-2012 11:39 AM
So I turned to basics. Installed the XMLDemo and run it OK.
Changed to my XML file and got strange results. The XML file is created by a C# serializer and I have taken out a part of it: to test and trying to analyze the problem .See attachment..
I have made no changes to the sample except for the file name and I have not tried to handle the attributes yet
formitem = "
action = "
11-19-2012 06:02 PM
Finally found some excellent code using the SAXparser and an override of "DefaultHandler"
Got hold of elements and attributes ok . What's left is to create the objects but that is fairly straight forward