Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Samples - Can't compile on VS 2005

I've been messing with this for hours, and have no idea what to do.  I'm trying to get the desktop sample code to compile on VS2005; it seems to convert it just fine but when it compiles it has about 50 errors; it seems to be conflicted between two possible definitions or something...It may have to do with namespaces?  I'm relatively new to all of this.

I don't have the actual output now, but hopefully someone knows something already.

i'm using windows XP.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Desktop Samples - Can't compile on VS 2005

The Desktop Add-in sample is a Visual Studio 6.0 project.  It is not currently compatible with Visual Studio 2005.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Highlighted
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Samples - Can't compile on VS 2005

I finally found a solution.  If i'd posted the errors it might have been clearer.

VStudio 2005 does convert the project just fine, but a number of things are defined in two namespaces.

"All you have to do is put "MSXML2::" in front of every type that gives you the "ambigious" error thing."

from this forum:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/developer-forum/150230-tip-desktop-manager-add-sample.html

Now it seems that there are about seven or so dependencies or calls or something, which are obsolete.

Why after all this time the samples remain VS6 projects?  Does no one develop desktop applications for the BB?