Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Mobilink

Detect if the user has already recieved a BBM invite

[ Edited ]

I have two contact lists one is my bbm contact list and other is my app's contact list

I am sending BBM invittion to my app'scontact list thorugh PIN  thru

UiService's method inviteToBBM(BBMInvitationRequest[] requests)

but first i want to know if the user is already registered to BBM & if it isnot then i will send the invite.

thnks

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Detect if the user has already recieved a BBM invite

I am confused by this question.  Can you clarify please:

If you look at the documentation for the API call you are making, it says:

"inviteToBBM
public abstract void inviteToBBM()Displays contact picker with all contacts who are not in user's BBM Contact List but in the application's session/channel. It allows the user to invite selected contacts to BBM. "

There is nothing about PIN in here.  Moreover, if you are in a session with a contacts, then they are already registered to BBM.  You can not establish a sessin based solely on the PIN of the target device. 

Can you explain your question another way?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Mobilink

Re: Detect if the user has already recieved a BBM invite

I am able to send invite request to the users who arent in my session list.

Actually now i am inviting a contact through inviteToBBM(BBMInvitationRequest[] requests) call,but if the user is already BBM user i get this prompt (See the image attached) which isnot acceptable by client.

so i want to check if the user is already a BBM user then no need to send invite other wise i will send an invite to that user through inviteToBBM(BBMInvitationRequest[] requests) call.

so my question is, is it possible to detect that the user is already  BBM user

bbm.png