Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Detect voice while recording..

Hello everyone, I'm developing an application which records user's voice when there is any speech of words spoken by him/her. Otherwise the app does not save the file in the file system. That is, it does not save the file if the file does not have any voice. I don't know how to proceed working on it. I had used the iSpeechSDK but it shows a dialog box which says "Recording", which looks very annoying to me. Does anybody have any clue for it. Would appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

New Developer
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Reliance

Re: Detect voice while recording..

Great Idea . 

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Detect voice while recording..

What you need is to create a voice analyzer to differentiate surrounding sound(background noise) and your voice with representation graph/spectrum of voice, the following URL is an android aplication written in Java to record sound to wav format and then compare two (or more) wav files getting similarity level (%)

extract the jar file and see through the java code, grab it and compile using BlackBerry Java Plug-in, i'm not sure it will work with blackberry device, but who knows Smiley Happy)
hope this helps.