Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Direct TCP and WAP 2.0 connection problems caused by Transcoder (Novarra Vodafone UK)

[ Edited ]

Hi Peter,

I'm essentially connecting to a webserver which is sending a json response back. However through my phone (on vodafone) I get directed to a html page with the following message.

Vodafone Mobile Internet
Some sites are already mobile friendly. Many more are not and may contain features that won’t work on your phone.
We can modify these sites to improve your experience.
By continuing you accept our
terms & conditions

Obiviously the poor little JSON parses throws a wobbler at this point Smiley Happy

I'm connecting thusly.

Connection _Connection = Connector.open(url+";deviceside=true;ConnectionUID=''");
			_HttpConnection = (HttpConnection)_Connection;

_HttpConnection.setRequestMethod(RequestType);
			_HttpConnection.setRequestProperty("User-Agent", "BlackBerry/3.2.1");
			_HttpConnection.setRequestProperty("Content-Language", "en-us");
			_HttpConnection.setRequestProperty("Connection", "close");

Is there anything I can do here, or on my web server to deem the response "mobile friendly" and prevent this from happening. Obiously I can change the settings on my vodafone account, but I'd rather not have to deal with the message at all.  So I don't get support calls when the application gets distributed to other vodafone users Smiley Happy

Hope that makse sense,

Many thanks again for your time.

Developer

Re: Direct TCP and WAP 2.0 connection problems caused by Transcoder (Novarra Vodafone UK)

Not sure I can help much here.  Reviewing the Betavine forum entries, it does seem people are successful in getting their sites white listed, or using Content-Type header values that are not transformed or setting .htaccess so that the pages are not transformed.  Here are a few links that discuss these options:

.htaccess changes

http://www.betavine.net/bvportal/forums/index.html?threadId=549

whitelist email address

http://www.betavine.net/bvportal/forums/index.html?threadId=ff8080811ecaa100011ee8951d1d3341

Content Type:

http://www.betavine.net/bvportal/resources/vodafone/mics/next

Developer

Peter you're a legend Smiley Wink Thanks for your help. I'll review these and give them ago now.... alas I don't have access to the web server code directly. So it might take a while to leave feedback!

Highlighted
Developer

Looks like they block all PUT requests too!!!!!!!  This has become annoying...