02-08-2012 08:05 AM
I have one query.
I would like to display map inside my blackberry application. I am doing development on BB JDE 6.0 for device Torch 9800.
Can you please tell me, which one is the better option -
1. Invoke blackberry map with coordinates from my application
2. Invoke Google map with coordinates from my application
3. By using Google map URL http://maps.google.com/maps?q=xx,yy and open the map with the help of BrowserField (as a webview component).
Please help me to find the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
This will help me to acheive the correct & feasible solution.
Appreciate your quick help.
Thanks a lot.
02-17-2012 09:48 PM
A quick summary as I see it.
1. Most people have BB Maps installed, and there is reasonable documentation around here. You can do things like add icons to this and make the icons clickable so that you detect the users actions. So basically better integration.
2. Arguably nicer maps, but interaction is more complicated. Not everyone has Google maps installed.
3. This works fine, but you will not be able to interact with the map yourself. You will have all the Google interaction.
Unless there is a specific requirement to use Google, I would go with BB Maps.