Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: DU. UAE
Accepted Solution

Display Picture thumbnails.

Hi all,

My application wants to list the pictures from picture folder. I was using file picker api for that but i am developing the application for OS 5,6 and 7. File picker API uses differently in OS 6. So my application have 2 builds for OS 5 and OS 6 or later. I need to make one biuld, so I need to display all the pictures as thumbnails. I used photo picker application for this purpose(From http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Display-Thumbnails-and-create-a-Photo-Picker...). On simulator it is working fast but on divice it takes too much time.  I tried to implement Thumbnails workaround (From http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Thumbnails-work-around/m-p/343870). Here I used the path for  BBthumbs.dat as 

private String oldMemoryCard = "file:///SDCard/BlackBerry/pictures/BBThumbs.dat";
	private String oldDevicememory = "file:///store/home/user/pictures/BBThumbs.dat";
	private String newMemoryCard = "file:///SDCard/BlackBerry/system/media/thumbs116x116.dat";
	private String newDevicememory = "file:///store/appdata/rim/media/thumbs116x116.dat";

I check all these paths in the device, none of them are  working. 

I have seen in some third party applications, they are displaying the thumbnailsin some faster methods. Please help me to fix this issue. Its urgent.

Thanks and Regards,

Meera Manesh

Developer
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: DU. UAE

Re: Display Picture thumbnails.

I found the solution. Different devices have different sized thumbnails. I was trying to read thumbs 116x116, that was not in the device. Now I am listing all thumbnails in that device and displaying the smallest one.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: engineer

Re: Display Picture thumbnails.

which is the method that you use for listen all thumbnails? can you help me ? i trying this until 3 month ago