Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: 9900 - OS 7.0 Torch device
My Carrier: Reliance

Does BBM Interacts with Server

Hi All,

I have interesting topic to discuss with you all

Does BBM interacts with Server ?. Here my interest is to interact with server has purpose. As we know, we can have instant chat/message/file sharing with other BBM user if we have BBM device PIN of them. Same as like, I just want to make my BBM to interact with Server where I do put the request like  find Restaurants available in my place. If server responds back with data, I can get instantly. This is something like BBM to BBM of devices.

I searched all the user guides available for BBM SDK1.0,1.3, but no luck. I don't think this would be available with BBM feature.

If anybody of you find solution to problem. Please share with me. You Help is so appreciated !!

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Does BBM Interacts with Server

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

To answer your question another way, I am not aware of any RIM documentation that they provide regarding involving 3rd party Servers in a BBM 'conversation'. 

I think for security reasons this will never happen.  As I understand it, all BBM traffic is routed, encrypted, between the device and the BBM Server(s).  There is no third party involved in this processing and opening it up would potentially compromise this security. 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9900 - OS 7.0 Torch device
My Carrier: Reliance

Hi Peter

Thanks for your support all the way. Your opinion is so convenienceable.