Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Doubts in Scrolling of Storm

HelloGuys,I have Listfield which contains no of elements ,in my app,In NonTouch device i can go to the bottom  element in the listfield.but in storm device,how can i carry out scrolling,when i try to scroll,i get a click,how can make it scroll?

I use navigation click to get the click event.How could i make a differentiation between scrolling and clicking?

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

Highlighted
Developer

Re: Doubts in Scrolling of Storm

Hello Guys,How do i make the listfield to be getting scrolled for the  touch device,

any ideas regarding this will be useful.

Developer
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Telus

Hmm I'm assuming your using the device simulator. The Blackberry Torch is know to have code differences in the click and touch feel. I suggest using the 9530/50 for your touchEvents. For the simulator (depending on your settings of course) right click is touch and left is click.

All your events should not be covered by navigation click. All the events are sent to TouchEvent. If your using a blackberry API component you shouldn't have to worry about implementing this function.

This is a great article i found on the web for touch devices

http://www.devx.com/wireless/Article/42432/1954

Developer

Hi ,Thanks for your inputs,i can  recogonise  the touch  events such as click,move in normal verticalfieldManger or MainScreen,But the listfield is not scrolling even though i get the move event.The list event does not scroll the elements in the ListField,

ListField is not implementing its scrolling for touch devices,i think So.What can be done for it?

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

Developer
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm. Maybe you could create a vertical manager that contains your listfield(s) and then put the virtualExtent as the (number of listfields)*(height of each listfield). This would allow you to position the manager (or field(s)) anywhere on the screen by using setPosition and the total extent (or number visible fields) presented on the screen by setExtent.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

just to ensure

are you testing this on simulator?

if yes are you scrolling the list  using right mouse button?

Developer

Hi ,What you are trying to say

the creation of my customListfield to carryout the scrolling?

Regards

Rakesh Shankar.P

Trusted Contributor

what i mean to say is if you are testing on simulator then focus or scrolling is achieved by right mouse button and click is achieved by left mouse button.

so if you are trying to scroll by left mouse button it is not scrool but a swipe.

try and let me know

Developer
My Device: curve,bold,storm
My Carrier: Verizon,AT&T

[ Edited ]

hey

&    both are correct

if ur list field is not scrolling on storm then place ur listfielld inside a vertical field manager with Manager.Vertical_Scroll | Manager.Vertical_Scroll_Bar enabled.
then u will be able to swipe/scroll ur listfield

but if u have done this and not able to scroll on simulator then hold the right click of the mouse and swipe,ur listfield will scroll

Smiley Happy

Developer

[ Edited ]

Thanks Guys,I can get the listfield scrollable,

But the problem that i face is during the implementation of navigation click,When i try to scroll the list field,click is also implemented which results in click action rather than scrolling action.How could i differentiate it?

Regards

rakesh Shankar.P