Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Downloading Eclipse JDE plugin

Is anybody able to download the Eclipse JDE plugin?  The zip file seems to be corrupt.  I tried downloading about 10 times with IE as well as FF.  No love.
New Developer

Re: Downloading Eclipse JDE plugin

I tried to download it several times earlier without any luck. I ended up downloading the complete package and just adding the 4.3 and 4.5 plugins.
Developer

Nick,  what do you mean by 'complete package'?
Highlighted
New Developer

At the bottom of the plugin download page, there will be a link to "Download the Complete Eclipse Software Update". It's 500MB or so, so it'll take a while to download. Download Eclipse Classic 3.4.1 from Eclipse.org as well...start up Eclipse and go into Help -> Software Updates -> Add Site -> Archive and select the Zip file you downloaded. It should give you a listing of available plugins to install..select the JDE plugin and the 4.3 and 4.5 Component packs (you can select the 4.6 and 4.7 ones if you want).

Hope this helped!

Developer

Thanks Nick.  It helpd a lot.  You betcha!
Developer

Thanks a lot Nick. I was really stuck with the problem. Smiley Happy
New Developer

i have been trying to download the plugin at least 7 times now and each and everytime the download gets cut off midway, saying the connection was reset by remote server.

nothing's wrong with my internet connection tho and i'm able to download other stuff from the web without any probs...how do i get my hands on the plugin??

New Developer
My Device: I dont know yet
My Carrier: Orange

Hi,

I did what you explain in your post but when I go (in eclipse 3.4.1) in Blackberry -> Configure Blackberry workspace -> Installed Components I only have the 4.5 JDE component, but in Installed Software I have the 4.7 installed.

Can someone help me please ?

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: torch

Hello,

Can You Pease Provide tje Direct Link for Eclipse for Blackberry  os 4.5.0,I am not able to download it.

Thanks
With Best Regards
Ashutosh Srivatava