Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Eclipse 3.5 unable to run simulator

Hello everyone -

I'm using (apparently) the newest version of the Java Plugin For Eclipse (v1.1) with Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo).  I successfully created an application called "Ichabod" for the blackberry curve 8330 with Ganymede, but I can't seem to get it working with the new version of Eclipse and the plugin.

The problem I'm having is that once I've created a new blackberry project from existing source, compiled it, and successfully packaged it (I get errors with regards to the signing tool not being able to find my keys, but this is another issue that I'm in the process of speaking with RIM about), it won't show up on any of my simulators when I'm debugging using the 8330 simulator. 

To make matters worse, it doesn't seem to output the correct .cod file.  My previous builds were all around 684K, with all of the graphics that I am using.  When I change the directory for output to bin/ within the Blackberry_App_Descriptor.xml file, I get a file called Ichabod.cod that is ~30K.  This doesn't seem right at all.  When I use the 9550 simulator, it tries to run my application, but says that it can't find any of the graphics.  I added the graphics folder (resources/) as a source folder in eclipse and recompiled, but this doesn't seem to help.

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

~Scott

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Eclipse 3.5 unable to run simulator

Have you tried to create a new BlackBerry project from an existing legacy project?  This is the best way to get your old project into 1.1.  It will was you for the location of the old project file and bring everything in properly.

Steven Kader at JaredCo
   Follow me on Twitter    |     Mipixi.com :  Web App for Photo Sharing
New Developer
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Eclipse 3.5 unable to run simulator

Hm, no, I didn't try this.  I simply went to File -> New Project -> Blackberry Project, and then selected the option, "From existing source." 

How do I import from a legacy project?

Thanks,

~Scott