10-28-2008 10:19 AM
Have you successfully installed the component pack?
Once this is installed, you can switch to it by clicking on the Window menu in Eclipse, selecting Preferences, expanding BlackBerry JDE, clicking on Installed Components and selecting version 4.2.1.
10-28-2008 10:21 AM
The component pack is installed as I was using it with the old eclipse plugin in Europa.
When I installed Ganymede and the new eclipse plugin beta2, the only component packs that whow in the Installed Components drop down are 4.3.0 and higher.
10-30-2008 04:52 PM
Version 4.2.1 is not currently supported.
The beta 2 release of the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse requires the Eclipse Software Update for the JDE 4.x Component Pack. It does not support previous release of the BlackBerry JDE Component Pack. Currently, these releases go back to version 4.3.0.
10-31-2008 06:00 AM
11-10-2008 04:53 PM
Just to be clear (as I'm very new to BB development), it sounds like it is not possible to use the BB Eclipse plugin to create an application that will work on a BB 4.2 device?
I have a 1.5 year old BB Pearl (8100) with v22.214.171.124, and no newer version of the OS is supported. That would make it impossible to write an application for my device using Eclipse...
11-11-2008 07:54 AM
I installed this plugin . Previously i was using Eclipse Europa 3.3.1, but now the problem is as follows:
Window ->Preferences -> BlackBerry JDE -> Installed Components
The "Browse" button beside "Choose Installed Components" does not appear anymore which was not the case with Eclipse Europa as I can select components i installed in different directory. Now, how do I switch between different components ???
11-11-2008 11:12 AM
I have a "hello world" application, so I'm sure I'm not using any 4.3 APIs. It runs fine in the simulator (the 4.3 simulator), but when I try to load it using the desktop manager it gives me an error message - "A fatal error occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.".
The loader's log file has this very helpful error in it:
[10:05:39:734] [JavaProgrammer] [0x00001bc4] [JavaProgrammer.cpp:788] Loading module "C:\Dave\Projects\BlackBerryTest\BBTest.cod"
[10:05:39:750] [JavaProgrammer] [0x00001bc4] [JavaProgrammer.cpp:1231] JavaLoader operation failed (10): "Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]"
I assumed this had something to do with the wrong version of the API (I read something to that effect in another thread), but maybe that's not the real cause...