Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Eclipse Plugin - automated Exception clauses

Hello all,

Recently moved to the BB OS platform from MIDlet development.  I am lacking proficiency in Eclipse settings, specifically the setting that allowed Eclipse to automatically fill in an Exceptions pertaining to method calls.

ex)  When calling a method with Exceptions that need to be caught, Eclipse will warn me when using the J2ME platform, but not when developing in BB OS. 

Is this due to BB's runinng their own JVM's?  Is there a way to add this functionality in the JDE-plugin environment?

Thank you for any help.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Eclipse Plugin - automated Exception clauses

You should see an error wihin Eclipse when an exception that must be caught is not being caught.  For example, if you have the PIM.getInstance().openPIMList(.......) methods being called you should see an error if PIMException is not being caught.

If you are not seeing this, please provide the version of Eclipse and plug-in you are using.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Eclipse Plugin - automated Exception clauses

Thank you for your reply.  I was getting a bit ahead of myself I was used to using soley MIDlet API's, of which many threw exceptions.