Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Eclipse is rearranging my project on startup

I created a new BlackBerry project using Eclipse. Beneath the src directory, I created my "com" > "mycompany" > "core" directories and added some reusable code to it. I then added a "test" folder at the same level as the "src" folder and set it folder to be a source folder. Beneath that, I created a mirrored directory structure to  "src" and addedsome test classes. I also added a reference to the JUnit 3 library. Everything works great, until I close Eclipse and try to reopen it. When I do, all my test classes in the "test" directory gets copied into the "src" directory, the reference to the JUnit library is removed, and the "test" directory is no longer a source directory.

Does anyone know what is happening to my project? There is definitely something that runs when the project is opened that is rearranging my project files. Am I doing something wrong?

New Developer
My Device: All
My Carrier: All

Re: Eclipse is rearranging my project on startup

This is a known bug with the BlackBerry Plugin for Eclipse 3.4.

Whenever anything is changed in the project properties, all info in "java build path" is reset. This includes any imported libraries and source folders. To my knowledge this has been fixed for the Eclipse 3.5 plugin.