Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Eclipse plugin and not-quite-library

We are trying to migrate to the new eclipse plugin, but face one major issue. We have a project containing shared code. It is not a real library because we add classes on a for-case basis. In the jde this means we add some classes we need from another folder and they are compiled into the project. In the eJde we can either set a dependency on our "lib", this means eclipse treats it as a real library and does not include the files when compiling. The other possibility is to add a link to the source-folder of the other project, but the plugin does not follow this link and does not include the files. We have several reasons why we don't want this "lib" to be a real library. Any ideas how we can use it nonetheless?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Eclipse plugin and not-quite-library

Hey Simon,

Now maybe I can finally help you!

The best option is to set up project references to your "lib" projects which would make eclipse then prompt you to import what's missing.

The only thing that the plug-in seems to not do (and it's annoying me) is not combine the JADs in the Web folder if you're using libraries.

It does copy the library CODs to the Web/TARGET_OS folder though which is great!

Let me know if this information is enough or if you need a little more. I've been using the setup for a little while now without a hitch.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer

thanks for your reply JCarty.

We do not want separate cod files for the libraries. They are only shared classes we use in many projects, and as we change them from time to time we cannot deploy them separate from the project.

all classes used from the shared project should be compiled into the main project, all unused classes should not.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

[ Edited ]

Have you tried using linked source folders? This should resolve the problem you are facing as well.

Right-click project > Build Path .... > Link Source and add your shared class folder.

Unused classes should not be compiled according to rapc.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer

yes, we tried to use linked source folders. the plugin does not follow the links and ignores the content.

@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

This has been working fine for me for a little while now. What is your setup? Maybe there is a bug with a certain environment setup.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with Eclipse running under C:\RIM\eclipse in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode.

JDK is jdk1.6.0_16

Permissions are set to full control on the folders as well.